The PBC Foundation is the only UK based organisation that specifically deals with PBC.
Other ways to give
In these uncertain times during the Covid 19 pandemic, more and more people are shopping on-line.
Did you know there is a very easy way to raise funds for the Foundation?
If you use the following links for all on-line purchases, they will automatically make a donation to the PBC Foundation based on your shopping spend, at no extra cost to you.
You will have access to over 4,000 sites including – energy suppliers, insurance products, food, clothing, and, when restrictions are lifted, even holidays.
Easy Fundraising: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/pbcfoundation/
Give as you live: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/charity/pbcfoundation
Next time you are shopping online at Amazon sign up to Amazon Smile and select The PBC Foundation as your chosen charity.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of your net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to The PBC Foundation
Donate On-Line, by Cheque or Cash
To make an instant donation on-line, please click this link:
To donate by cheque, please make all cheques out to: The PBC Foundation
Our postal address is:
The PBC Foundation (UK) Ltd
6 Hill Street
We can reclaim the tax on any donations you make. If you are a UK taxpayer you can help us to increase your donation by downloading, printing and completing a Gift Aid form, which you can get at the link below;
Set up a Standing Order
A great way to support the Foundation is to set up a standing order for a modest monthly contribution. If everyone who subscribes to our services donated the equivalent of a take away sandwich each month, we'd be able to go forward on a platform of total financial stability.
Download and complete a standing order form here to present to your bank or building society;
Remember Us in Your Will
Although over one third of the UK population claims that they will leave a gift to charity in their will, only 7% do. Donations left in our supporters’ wills are absolutely crucial: with them, we can ensure our future. Here’s how you can ensure our continued support to those affected by PBC for many years to come:
Consult a solicitor, who can help you to write a will, or to make a short amendment to an existing will known as a codicil
A codicil mentions the type of gift (e.g. money, property), and the full name of our charity, ‘PBC Foundation UK Ltd’
Alternatively, have you thought about leaving a legacy during your lifetime, so you can see the impact your donation will have on the lives of PBC sufferers?
Remember, legacies are exempt from inheritance tax, so leaving one may also help you to reduce the amount of tax payable on your estate, after you are gone
To find out more, please Contact Us.
Get Your Community Involved
- Get your employer involved
- Could your employer or the employer of someone you know:
- Work in partnership with us or sponsor us?
- Donate time, funds and resources?
- Enable you or others to make donations from earnings, or company/personal pension plans, that are free of tax?
- Help you to fundraise at work, by holding cake sales and dress down days?
- Match your fundraising total, and display our collection boxes?
- Get your school, college or university involved
- Could your school or college hold a fundraising event, such as a dress down day or fete? Alternatively, are you or is anyone you know a university student? If so, have you thought about recommending us to your university's Raising and Giving (RAG) society?
- Get your club or special interest group involved
- Are you or is anyone you know a member of the Masons, the Women's Institute, the Soroptimists, an amateur sports club, or any other special interest group? If so, have you considered asking them if they give to charity, and recommending us for a donation?
- Get local businesses involved
- Did you know there are plenty of businesses that give to charity following customer recommendations? Waitrose and Asda, for example, both have community led charity programmes. The next time you go shopping, go to your bank, or pay your bills, nominate us for a donation, if you can.
We are five times more likely to be supported by organisations if we have a personal link to them, so please ask your friends, relatives, and anyone else within your network if they or anyone they know is involved with an organisation that gives to charity. For more information, please contact our Grants Officer.
Partner With Us
There are plenty of benefits from partnering with us. For example, you can:
Raise your profile and enhance your reputation by positively associating your company with a national charity dedicated to the health and wellbeing of those affected by PBC
Make an impact on a local, regional, national or international level. We currently support 40,000 people affected by PBC in over 65 countries throughout the world, and offer local support services in every region of the UK
Demonstrate your commitment to the local community in which your business operates
Reach the targets of your Corporate Social Responsibility programme
Motivate your employees and encourage teamwork through volunteering with us
Directly target 40,000 people who benefit from our work
Partnering with us can take a variety of forms, depending on the kind of business you represent. For example, you could:
Select us as your company's “Charity of the Year”
Sponsor our publications and events, including our compendium “Living with PBC”, quarterly magazine “The Bear Facts”, patient and volunteer conferences, and workshops
Donate your time or resources
Encourage employees to fundraise at work, by holding office events, outdoor challenges, or marathons, runs, or cycling events
Match employee's fundraising totals
Promote payroll giving
Display our collection boxes
We can provide t-shirts, collection boxes, and other branded fundraising materials for your employees, and offer PR and communications support to spread the news about your charitable efforts. For more information about our corporate partnership opportunities, please contact our Grants Officer Jacqueline Sapsed.
Surf the web
Use search engine Everyclick to raise funds whilst browsing the internet.
Sell your old things
Sell your old clothes, CDs, books, DVDs and trinkets on eBay