The PBC Foundation is the only organization in the UK exclusively dedicated to providing support and information for people affected by the PBC.
Once you register with us, you will benefit from the following free resources:
- Our unique compendium ‘Living with PBC’ which aims to answer any question which you might have
- Details of your local volunteer, who acts as the hub of their local PBC community and organises local support groups where you can meet other PBC sufferers
- Subscription to our quarterly magazine ‘The Bear Facts’, which includes letters from other sufferers sharing experiences and coping strategies, updates from our volunteers and a ‘PBC Clinic’, where our medical advisors relay the latest PBC related information
- The opportunity to attend our self-management workshops in your area
- Increased quality of healthcare from our distribution of detailed information to liver units, and education to healthcare practitioners throughout the UK
- Access to our PBC App. This includes a list of events such as local meetings, and there is a mood and symptom tracker for you to keep a record at your convenience. You can also keep a record of your medicine, liver tests and known appointments.
- If resident in the UK we will send you our Annual Raffle Tickets and Christmas card designs to order and we hope you will support us, however there is no obligation for you to do so.
- We will inform you of forthcoming fundraising activities which we hope you will support but there is no obligation for you to do so.
- All information given is confidential and remains within The PBC Foundation only. Names will only be passed on to a volunteer in your area if permission is granted.